July 8, 2013 § 1 Comment
We are excited to share images from the Sonoma wedding of Bessie + Mike. This Los Angeles couple sourced a lot of unique items for their wedding at the home in Sonoma. MAP helped bring it all together to transform the grove on their property into a hip and unique wedding venue. Hope you enjoy these images from Noah Hawthorne Photography!
June 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
February 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
December 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
Wedding season has officially ended for 2012, and although we have been recharging our proverbial batteries we also have been working on some exciting new projects.
We are thrilled to announce a collaboration with a spectacular private property outside of Petaluma. We first encountered Pangea during the planning process of its owners, Sophie + James’ wedding. Like most brides planning a wedding at a private property Sophie needed help visualizing and executing an event in a remote raw space. It was clear from the moment we stepped out of the car that Pangea was a very special place. Although we knew it was going to be a challenge, the natural beauty and views from Pangea inspired us to take on the task of putting together their 170 person wedding. We immediately embarked on the 10 month journey of planning this event, with Sophie and James tirelessly working to improve the property while we put together the details of their big day.
September 15th finally came and everyones hard work paid off. The vastness of the views and the colors of the sky during sunset were breathtaking. Dusk was so magical that the party hummed with appreciation and “OH MY GOD this is amazing”s. After the dust settled from their wedding day Sophie & James contacted MAP about the possibility of renting out their property to others for private events. Knowing that there are a lack of spectacular venues on the market , and what a special place Pangea is, we jumped at the opportunity to assist them in making this a reality.
So, I would like to formally introduce Pangea as wedding and event venue. Please contact us if you are interested in finding out information about the rental program. We would also love to personally walk you through the space to see it for yourself. (by appointment only)
Here are some photos courtesy of Jenna Walker from Sophie + James’ wedding day to give you a sense of the space. Hope you enjoy the photos and have an opportunity to experience Pangea with us very soon.
March 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Today I’d like to share with you a little event Lynsey G. put together last September for the lovely Jenny & Tyler. With most of their guests traveling to the Healdsburg area for their wedding celebration, they knew a traditional small family dinner format needed to be re-imagined. Here is what Lynsey has to say about putting together the event.
We knew when we got the directive from our cute LA couple Jenny & Tyler that they didn’t want just any old rehearsal dinner, this one was going to be special! Taking inspiration from a Carnival Theme they wanted to ensure that everyone involved in the wedding was going to be included and have a great time whilst enjoying the relaxed vibe before the big day.
Thankfully the venue Healdsburg Bar & Grill were equally relaxed and accommodating to all the ideas that we implemented for the evening. We transformed the patio with market lights and large carnival-inspired colourful pom poms that hung from the pagoda beams, whilst on the outdoor tables we’d kept the laid back atmosphere with wild flowers placed in beer & wine bottles and soft lighting from tea lights placed in mason jars. Keeping in line with the carnival theme guests were kept well fed with an amazing array of food cooked on a large grill outside whilst Pimms & Lemonade served with fresh garden mint kept them refreshed!
For entertainment we placed retro Hacky Sack & Blongo Ball games on the grass and indoors butcher paper covered the tables along with jars of crayons so the guests (young and old!) could leave their own artistic doodles for the bride and groom to cherish.
Following a beautiful video montage that was played outside as the sun set the party culminated with Karaoke, fully embracing the fun vibe of the entire evening!
February 27, 2012 § Leave a comment
- What sparked you interest in event planning initially ? I’ve always enjoyed being creative but after organizing my own wedding pretty much single-handedly I knew it was something I would love to work in professionally
- Whats your favorite moment from a wedding you have worked on ? I organized a large Wedding Rehearsal Party, which was a lot of hard work & stress but when it all came together and I could see how much fun everybody was having it was worth every single second
- What career would you pursue in another life ? If it wasn’t wedding planning I’d like to be involved in Interior Design
- Mountains or Beach ? Beach for sure!
- Cook or Bake ? Baking, although I’m not very good at either
- What are your favorite smell ? Kara’s Cupcakes Shop
- What is your favorite flower ? Hydrangeas, not sure what Madonna’s problem with them is??
- Do you collect anything ? My husband would say clothes and shoes
- What would your superpower be if you could choose one ? The ability of transportation, so I could pop back to the UK whenever I fancied it!
- Do you like your own handwriting ? If I don’t rush it yes but I’d love to learn caligraphy.
- Whats the best thing you’ve ever eaten ? Where did you have it ? My mum’s roast dinners
- If you had a pet pig what would you name it ? Mr Chops
- What visually inspires you ? Architectural Digest!
- What are your favorite color combinations ? Tiffany Blue and White…the epitome of elegance
- Who is your favorite wedding dress designer ? Pronovias….because they designed mine
- How would you describe your personal style ? Apparently I’m a bit ‘London’
- What celebrities style do you admire ? Audrey Hepburn, Nicole Richie and Victoria Beckham, all very stylish in their own unique way
- If you could take an all expense paid trip, where would you go and what would you do ? Just read about the Four Seasons doing a Round the World trip taking in 10 Countries by Private Jet in 22 days, if it’s going to be all expense paid I may as well go all out!
- What is your favorite time of the year ? Anytime that’s bright and sunny, so I lucked out moving to California from London
- Do you have any hidden talents ? I have an uncanny knack of always falling for the most expensive item in a shop!
January 20, 2012 § Leave a comment
- What sparked you interest in event planning initially ? I had just graduated college with a degree in Psychology. I wasn’t ready to go into a Master’s program and was trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. Then one day I watched, The Wedding Planner, with Jennifer Lopez. I became obsessed with the idea of being a wedding planner. Hey, inspiration can strike anywhere!
- Whats your favorite moment from a wedding you have worked on ? My favorite moment, at every wedding I’ve been apart of, is when the bride walks down the aisle. I tear up every single time!
- What career would you pursue in another life ? Stunt car driver.
- Mountains or Beach ? My husband taught me to snowboard 2 years ago and now I’m hooked. Mountains!
- Cook or Bake ? Cooking, it’s my meditation. I find it so much easier to be able to experiment. Baking is a precise science that I just don’t seem to have the knack for.
- What are your favorite smell ? The smell of my new baby boy, Sebastian.
- What is your favorite flower ? Ranaculus, the delicate, papery, layered petals and the vibrant colors. LOVE!
- Do you collect anything ? Just the opposite. I can’t stand clutter so I’m constantly purging the house.
- What would your superpower be if you could choose one ? Endless energy so I could accomplish all those things on my “Someday” list.
- Do you like your own handwriting ? Sure do! I’m constantly being complimented on my handwriting… wait until you see it.
- Whats the best thing you’ve ever eaten ? Where did you have it ? My Amachi’s cooking (grandma). She gave me my passion for cooking and I strive to be as good as her some day.
- If you had a pet pig what would you name it ? Petunia
- What visually inspires you ? Pinterest. Enough said.
- What are your favorite color combinations ? Yellow and grey. It feels modern, sophisticated and fun.
- Who is your favorite wedding dress designer ? Gonna stick to the tried and true… Vera Wang. I love what she can do with tule.
- How would you describe your personal style ? I prefer comfort over beauty. Dress, tights, boots and a cardigan!
- What celebrities style do you admire ? Gwen Stefanie. She looks amazing any time she steps out the door. She clearly knows what works best on her and she exudes.
- If you could take an all expense paid trip, where would you go and what would you do ? Australia. It’s a childhood dream… snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef, Moonlight Kayak Tour of Melbourne, visit Uluru.
- What is your favorite time of the year ? Fall. No contest.
- Do you have any hidden talents ? I’m a pretty good organizer. Give me a messy closet and a few hours… I’m in heaven!